Help us reach our goal of Zero Waste
We want to help keep New York’s Backyard clean. Our goal is for the Pleasantville Music Festival to create zero waste. Please help us!
- Bring a refillable water bottle or cup. Ice-cold drinking water is available at the Waste Collection tents. This reduces the number of plastic bottles to dispose of.
- Get ready to sort your waste. Zero-waste volunteers are ready to help you separate recyclables (plastic, glass, metal) from food scraps and other compostable materials (napkins, compostable servingware).
- Embrace reusable containers. Please pack any food you bring in reusable containers containers that you'll take home. Or recycle the containers at the Waste Collection stations. Recycling helps divert material from the waste stream. We also collect paper/cardboard and single-use plastic bags.
Waste Collection stations are conveniently located around the grounds of the music festival.
Please do not mix your trash and recyclables in one bag.
All waste must be sorted, and we are happy to help do that.
Where does the waste go?
- Plastics #1–7, glass, aluminum, and clean cardboard are recycled
- Food scraps and other compostable materials are turned into beautiful compost for residential or commercial use. It’ll stay out of the waste stream completely
- Leftover food from the vendors goes to a local soup kitchen
- Garbage is sent to the Wheelabrator Westchester, where it is burned andturned into energy in the form of electricity
We're making a difference!
We’re making a difference! Since we began our zero-waste effort in 2012, we’ve reduced the festival’s trash by two-thirds!
Thank you for your help!