the battle rages on
Come to the semi-final round 1
sunday, april 30, 1-5:30, at garcia's in port chester
Come see the future of music. All ages. Everyone is invited. Admission is free.
Musicians 26 and younger in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Fairfield, Bergen and the Bronx, will be battling for a chance to play the 13th annual Pleasantville Music Festival, just like last year's winners, Indigo King, pictured here.
Two winners of the Battle of the Bands will each win a 20-minute spot at 12 noon — one to open the Party Stage and one to open the Chill Tent Stage.
In addition, scholarships to attend the summer program at our sponsor, Lagond Music School in Elmsford, will be awarded to two participating young musicians.
ARTISTS: If you have submitted your samples to email@example.com:
- Make sure you have a copy of the complete Rules and Regulations and read them carefully!
- If you are selected for the live semi-finals, you must download this Registration Form, fill it in and and keep it with you.
Phases, Places, and Dates
This is a multi-step process, depending on how far you get. You need to be available and on time for every phase in order to be considered:
- If chosen, you will perform 2 songs in a live semi-final on either Sunday afternoon, April 30th at Garcia's in Port Chester, NY, or Sunday afternoon, May 7th at Copper Face Jacks in White Plains, NY, before a panel of judges.
- If you make it through, you will participate in a live performance final with 2 other original songs on Sunday afternoon, May 21st before a panel of judges at Lucy's in Pleasantville, NY.
- If you are one of our two winners, you will get to perform 20 minutes of your original music at the Pleasantville Music Festival at noon on Saturday, July 8th.
4 Things To Keep In Mind
- Entering costs nothing; winners get paid to play the Festival.
- You don't need to tell us which stage you're going for, but the Party Stage winner will be a full-out rockin' band; the Chill Tent Stage winner will be less intense and either a solo, duo or full band; any genre of music will be considered.
- The decisions of the judges will be final at each and every stage; this is a friendly competition.
- We're serious about the age limit and our geographic rules— If you or a band mate is older than 26 or one of them lives outside Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Fairfield, Bergen or the Bronx, then this contest is not for you. We don't want to turn you away, but we will if even one member of the band does not qualify.