bring your axe into battle
Attention all musicians 26 and younger in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Fairfield, Bergen and the Bronx, playing original music. How'd you like to open the Pleasantville Music Festival this year?
You can, if you win our Battle of the Bands, just like our 2016 winners, Indigo King, pictured above. We're offering two winners 20-minutes each at 12 noon — one to open the Party Stage and one to open the Chill Tent Stage.
3 Things You Need To Do
- Download the complete Rules and Regulations and read them carefully!
- Submit your samples to us before midnight Friday, April 14th. Send all submissions to email@example.com.
- We will let you know whether you've been selected to participate in the semi-finals on or before April 23rd. If you are selected for the live semi-finals, you must download this Registration Form, fill it in and and keep it with you.
Phases, Places, and Dates
This is a multi-step process, depending on how far you get. You need to be available and on time for every phase in order to be considered:
- Submit 2 original songs (mp3 or web link) by midnight Friday, April 14, 2017. Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If chosen, you will perform those 2 songs in a live semi-final on either Sunday afternoon, April 30th at Garcia's in Port Chester, NY, or Sunday afternoon, May 7th at Copper Face Jacks in White Plains, NY, before a panel of judges.
- If you make it through, you will participate in a live performance final with 2 other original songs on Sunday afternoon, May 21st before a panel of judges back at Lucy's Lounge in Pleasantville, NY.
- If you are one of our two winners, you will get to perform 20 minutes of your original music at the Pleasantville Music Festival at noon on Saturday, July 8th.
4 Things To Keep In Mind
- Entering costs nothing; winners get paid to play the Festival.
- You don't need to tell us which stage you're going for, but the Party Stage winner will be a full-out rockin' band; the Chill Tent Stage winner will be less intense and either a solo, duo or full band; any genre of music will be considered.
- The decisions of the judges will be final at each and every stage; this is a friendly competition.
- We're serious about the age limit and our geographic rules— If you or a band mate is older than 26 or one of them lives outside Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Fairfield, Bergen or the Bronx, then this contest is not for you. We don't want to turn you away, but we will if even one member of the band does not qualify.